Trina M. Clayton, Senior Counsel
Trina Clayton is a seasoned civil litigation attorney with a history of representing both plaintiffs and defendants in a variety of matters including product liability, employment, business disputes, personal injury, family law, and complex litigation. She has represented individual litigants as well as small businesses and multi-million dollar corporations. Ms. Clayton is an experienced courtroom litigator and frequently appears in both state and federal court. Always mindful of the economic risks and realities of trial, however, she actively strives for early resolution of cases whenever practicable through mediation, negotiation and other avenues of pre-trial settlement in order to obtain the best result for her clients.
Ms. Clayton is licensed to practice law in all of the state courts of California, as well the Northern, Central and Southern United States Federal District Courts.
Ms. Clayton is also a certified mediator, trained in conflict management and resolution. She has undergone mediation training at her alma matter of the University of San Francisco and received certifications through mediation programs in Santa Barbara and the San Francisco Community Boards.
PRO BONO WORK
Since 2015, Ms. Clayton has been volunteering her time at Bayview Hunters Point Community Legal, a local non-profit, specifically designated to serve one of the most underprivileged areas of San Francisco. Ms. Clayton handles a variety of employment and family law matters for BHPCL and recently obtained a favorable trial ruling for a client who had suffered years of physical and emotional abuse at the hands of her husband.
Ms. Clayton has significant trial experience in San Francisco, Oakland, Los Angeles and San Diego, including the following:
- Represented an administrative assistant in a sexual harassment suit against a governmental entity.
- Represented a national equipment manufacturer in defense of multi-district claims of product liability.
- Successfully prevented a hospital supervisor from being wrongfully terminated.
- Represented individuals in wrongful termination and sexual harassment cases which positively resolved through mediation.
- Obtained a favorable judgement for a sexually and emotionally abused client.
- Represented a local, family-owned company against product defect claims.
- Mediated cases involving family and neighbor disputes.
- Represented restaurant workers in wage and hour claims.
- Represented several clients in divorce and child custody proceedings.
- Represented home owners in construction defect claims.
Ms. Clayton is a California native, born and raised in Carmel Valley. She received her Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science from California Polytechnic State University and her Juris Doctorate from the University of San Francisco. Ms. Clayton is a proud member of the San Francisco Bar Association, Employment Law Section member, American Associate of University Women, Commonwealth Club, ArtPoint and the San Francisco Symphony.